Israeli troops detain 1 Palestinian boy in West Bank

Israeli soldiers arrested a Palestinian boy from the West Bank village of Nablus in the southern West Bank on Wednesday, the military said, after the boy reportedly threw stones at soldiers.

The Israeli military said in a statement that the boy was detained in an area of Nabi Saleh and was later transferred to the Shin Bet security service.

It did not elaborate on the circumstances surrounding the arrest.

The military said the boy, 17-year-old Nada Hamoudi, was arrested on suspicion of throwing stones at troops and “causing damage to public property.”

Israeli forces have been regularly detaining Palestinians, some of whom have been injured and arrested, and sometimes killing them, and a few times in the past year, in a campaign that the United Nations calls a war crime.

In the latest case, the Shin Aws reported that soldiers had detained 16-year old Sa’ad Khalil Qaraqe, from the town of Nada, in the Ramallah district of the West Wall in the northern West Bank, on Thursday.

He was released hours later.

Earlier this month, soldiers shot and killed 19-year long-time resident, Muhammed Abu Khader, who was unarmed, and wounded two other men in the West Ramallah neighborhood of Nizkal, a move condemned by Palestinians.

In September, Israeli forces shot and injured a Palestinian man, 24-year Old Manas, during clashes in Nizakhiyeh refugee camp, west of Nisyan, east of Jerusalem.

Israeli forces also shot and wounded a 19-yr-old Palestinian man on Thursday, who suffered non-life-threatening injuries, in clashes with Palestinians in Beit Ummar village, north of Jerusalem, the Israeli military reported.

In January, Israeli soldiers shot dead a Palestinian teen, 15-yearold Ahmed Azzam, as he lay on the ground in a Palestinian village near Hebron.

He died on the spot.

The boy’s father said that he was shot while holding his son and that his son had a rifle in his hands.

Last month, an Israeli soldier killed a Palestinian youth, 17, who he claimed was throwing stones.

In a statement issued on Tuesday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the recent spate of incidents was a result of “an increase in incitement, and an increase in the use of live ammunition.”

Israel’s Prime Minister’s Office has said that it was looking into the latest incident, and that it would consider legal action against anyone who “offends the Israeli people by committing an attack on soldiers, settlers or civilians.”

In recent years, Palestinians in the occupied West Bank have launched dozens of attacks on Israeli troops and settlers, including in the central West Bank town of Ramallah.

Palestinians have also staged numerous attacks on Israelis.

In August, Israeli police shot and seriously wounded 16-yr old Mohammed Shuaib in the Hebron district, near Hebdomi.

In October, an 18-yr olds brother of a slain Palestinian assailant, Ali Shaaban, was stabbed to death in the same village.

In November, the wife of a 16-yo Palestinian man who was killed by an Israeli settler in 2014 was shot and critically wounded in the village of al-Nabi Saleha, east Jerusalem.

In December, the daughter of a Palestinian settler, 16-yrs-old Raniya Khalil Abu Khadi, was shot dead in Hebron, after stabbing her 15-yr father.

In February, two Israeli settlers were killed in a knife attack in the Nablu district, and one was wounded in a gunfight with a group of Palestinians.